Monday, March 31, 2008

I have named her Dorothy











In late December 2005 my friend Tom Nahodil and I traveled from Cleveland, Ohio to Gatlinburg, Tennessee to purchase a 1963 Galaxie XL 500 convertible. I bought the car from Mark Hinds. Mark performs as a Kenny Rogers double in a tribute show.
What makes this car special to me is the color and that in 1966 I learned to drive in a car identical to this one.The color is called Ming Green which is a dark metallic turquoise.


I have named her Dorothy after my Mom who was the owner of the car I learned in. Pretty cool car for a Mom! My Mom said it looks the same but hers was smaller.


I parked her in the garage with my white 1963 Galaxie, my black 1980 V-8 MGB and my wifes 2002 white T-bird.

1 comment:

Larry said...

Great, but where is the Mustang